Friday, October 31, 2008

Staying home, going crazy, and done working

Today's been tough. I am a homebody. I could stay home for a week, maybe more, and be quite content. I would still have contact with people of course, I couldn't be a loner, but I would be home and happy. My son, however, is not like me. He can only handle so many days of being home before his energy level explodes and his behavior deteriorates. He has reached that point! Since Hubby and I were up so late on Sunday night we decided not to go to our Bible study on Monday night. Tuesday morning, the kids and I all slept in (which was a terrific surprise!) and we ended up missing Women's Bible study at church. Tuesday night football was cancelled and there was no AWANA on Wednesday night for some reason. We didn't have any plans on Thursday and Hubby came home from work after the kiddos were down for bed. I have enjoyed being home a lot more this week and it was a wonderful treat to have time at home with my husband three nights in a row. But ME (3.5) is going stir crazy. And it's driving me crazy. He needs to go out and he needs to play. I was considering taking him out somewhere tonight (we don't do Halloween) but my car was at the mechanic's and he wasn't able to bring it back until close to bathtime/bedtime. So maybe tomorrow. There's nothing on the agenda tomorrow but I better find something to do or we might not survive the day!

On a happier note, I was finally able to turn in a report for work that has been hanging over my head and causing me some stress. It felt so good to turn it in yesterday and be done with it! I told Hubby that I felt like I now have all the time in the world to do so many other things but that's not really true. It's not like it was taking up a lot of my time. I wasn't working on it nearly as much as I should have been. But now, my mental energies are freed up from the stress of it and I feel like I can now use my afternoons (nap time) to do other things without feeling guilty for not working! (Big sigh) It feels so good! As much as I love taking on new reports, I don't get them finished before the love and excitement fade so they drag on. I think I'm done with the lengthy reports. I've always struggled with being disciplined enough to work from home but it's gotten even harder now so I just don't think I can do it. My supervisor is on maternity leave but when she comes back I think I need to talk with her about just editing reports rather than writing them myself. If she's up for that, I could conceivably keep my job even though we'll be leaving the area in a few months. Editting does not take much time and I enjoy doing it so hopefully that will work out. I really wouldn't be upset though if it doesn't work. It's been nice to have a job where I can work from home, but my main "job" is mommy and that comes first.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home