Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gone hiking

We've survived the day! (So far anyway!) As usual, ME (3.5) came into my room this morning a little after 7:00. We usually cuddle for a little while. Well this morning, we cuddled and both fell back to sleep. That's never happened before! Usually ME (3.5)'s up and ready to start his day! MG (6 mos) woke up at 8:00 but since ME (3.5) was still asleep (!!!!), I just fed her, put her back to bed, and went back to bed myself! ME (3.5) and I didn't wake up again until 9:30 and MG (3.5) didn't wake up until 10:30! So I was able to sleep in today! I haven't slept in that late in a really long time. It was wonderful! Miraculous even!

ME (3.5) and I had a good day together. We worked on a puzzle together and tried a science experiment that didn't work. MG (6 mos) ate well and took great naps! It even worked out that all three of us could go for a hike together his afternoon. It was a little spur of the moment (as spur of the moment as you can get with two littles) so I wasn't as prepared as I could have been (no snack, no hat for MG, etc.) but we had so much fun! MG (6 mos) loved it. She was in the Snugli front carrier the whole time and ME (3.5) really enjoyed it too. He got tuckered out at the end of it (we walked for a while!) but he persevered and had a good attitude. Even with no nap today! Since he slept in so late I decided he could probably make it without a nap. I told him after dinner tonight he could have a movie night. I was expecting him to fall asleep during the movie but so far he's still awake. Anyway, back to the walk. It was really fun to be outdoors with my boy and just spend time together without feeling like there was something else I should be doing. When we're home, I have a hard time JUST spending time with HIM. I always feel like I need to be doing the other zillion and one things I have to do as a wife, homemaker, and mother. So, it was good for the both of us to go out today. Just before we left, his behavior (as well as my patience) was beginning to go downhill so our little hike rejuvenated both of us. I'd love to be able to do more fun things like that with him.

MG (6 mos) has successfully completed her three days of peas. She loved them! I'm really glad I waited as long as I did to start solid foods. I think she's taken to them quicker than ME (3.5) did. Tomorrow we begin green beans! Yummo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home